Friday, September 9, 2016

I'm going to try to do recurring updates before the close, plus comments on SLV aand TWTR

Doing a chart and post for every trade is exhausting, but I also don't want to have a list of stocks that may have performed well that never got mentioned. 

Keep up the comments!  I think they are very valuable. 

There were a bunch on TWTR and SLV.  I was personally against both of these trades!  In my experience, it can be very costly to lower your standards. We have the evolution system which is unbiased, and works well (so far), I'm not going to cut corners on it and play almost-hits.  Keep in mind, if one indicator is going against it, there's a reason

At any given time, if 3 of the indicators are favorable, then it might be a good trade, but then if there are others with ALL indicators favorable, why waste time on partial hits?  Maybe these partial hits will end up trading sideways.  For options traders, they lose money if the stock stays sideways.  Meanwhile, a better hit might be making more money. 

comment on TWTR - This was a legitimate hit on the daily, however a lot of the action was missed before anybody could have possibly bought puts.  I could see this rebounding a little over the next day before turning down again.  This is why I started checking evolution on the hourly scale!  TWTR is in fact, a BUY on the hourly.  So I want to wait until both the hourly and daily are agreeing.

On SLV - It just simply wasn't a hit.  The CMO was still up through the close, and it looked fairly strong on the hourly.  This is a case of people making some money and getting over confident, and then lowering their standards

Also always remember, a good decision might end poorly, and a bad decision might get lucky. 

8 comments:

  1. What do you guys think about TSLA now? Turning the corner for a long call? Market down 150, TSLA up $2.00. I use the TV platform of the ES. Top crossover occurred yesterday and bottom crossover is about to occur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like TSLA. I think there are much better trades out there. EVO on Fidelity showed a buy trigger on 09-07-16, but UO is Flat and CMO is already down. I personally just don't like the company fundamentals. It is not making any profits. Like I said, I would look for a better trade.

      Delete
    2. Ok, don't pay attention to fundamentals! Haven't you learned that yet?

      Delete
  2. BZH triggered a Sell/Short Hit. I bought BZH Nov18 13.00 Puts @ $1.65

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it has a wide spread on options. I spent hours trying to get a trade in JJC and FXB yesterday and they never went, so I'm mostly going to avoid these stocks with wide spreads.

      Delete
  3. Hey all, I'm glad the people who did those trades made money! Now don't get cocky! Stick to your formula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With alternative I am flying blind in SLV guided by your posts.. so closed short position mid market. Less profit but profit indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very bad idea!!!!! I don't think you should attempt to trade evolution without buying it. Seriously 24 dollars could save you thousands.

    SLV became a hit this morning. It's impossible for me to keep up on everything all the time. If I didn't have a job then I could probably do a pretty good at it.

    ReplyDelete