Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I got authorized for extended hours trading!

Now I can beat the rush in the morning.  I was originally expecting a higher open on Wednesday, but I couldn't be long overnight, because of this rule:

For things held overnight and closed the next day, you don't get the buying power back until the following day!  I definitely want to go short before Thursday, which means I can only be long on wednesday if I open the long position on wednesday.

Although now I've lost confidence in a strong open tomorrow, due to the strong day today and weak ending to the day.  Hopefully I can spot a low during the day to go long until close, when I will flip to short for a projected shit storm on Thursday.

To get authorized you just call in. 

And Friday is the last day on the timing array that we have :(.  It appeared to be a weak gaining day, but it's so far out that it could easily have changed since then.  Up until now though, every day was accurate.

8 comments:

  1. Where did you get that last Timing Array? I have been noticing that is has been great in terms of predicting change of directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually 100% accurate. Now that it's been a couple weeks it might lose some accuracy.

      I got it from armstrongeconomics.com. It was not in the free section but sometimes they are. He hasn't given out a new one since then.

      Delete
  2. Joe, Wanted to ask you if you noticed that in Greg's 2 videos for XLE, the established SD and PPLo (Buy trigger on 09-21-16 from first video) disappeared? It was still there this morning before the open, but is now gone. The chart for XLE now only shows an early PPLo and leg up on the SD for 09-27-16. I posted a comment/question on Greg's video, but no reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PP means that it's a high or low within x days. X is the period that I don't want to say because I don't want to give away parts of the system.

      So if that high or low is taken out within X days, then the pivot point will move.

      It was a low in the video, so that means it got lower today.

      Delete
    2. I think I got it, but today Greg called the PP Low in HD as established. What you are saying is that the PP is "established" as long as there is not a lower low occurring within X days. If this occurs, then the "established" PP is no longer established and is replaced? This is also why the chart triggers are so spot on after X days have passed? I guess I just didn't realize they were actually "floating" for that amount of time (X). I think I see now why you were referring to them as cheap...

      Delete
    3. It can still change for the entire period you set it for. I think by established he just means it's probably not going to change. I suppose it's a judgement call. Maybe after the peak and then one more day?

      Delete
    4. Going forward, I will be regarding it as the "Current" Pivot Point until the period has completed. The word "established" however, by definition, does not really mean permanent, so I can't say that Greg is wrong.

      Delete