Thursday, October 20, 2016

Why I mostly got away from evolution

I think evolution picks are pretty good, but lately the market has been so choppy.  If you take the broad index, the signal flips pretty much every day.

Beyond that, it's a lot of work and I have a job during market hours, which sucks.  I'm honestly thinking about quitting, because just taking me away from trading probably costs me more than my job pays.

Since Sept 7, the signals have been wrong a lot, although they do eventually become successful, just by virtue of the market moving every which way.

So ultimately, I haven't gotten away from evolution on purpose.  Now that I'm settled with my predict-the-open system, I might spend more time doing evolution.  I really just need to make myself sit down each morning and go through my list of symbols to watch. 

I don't think there's any reason to shy away from metals.  I think all my metals plays have been massively successful.  I'm reacting to a recent video by Mannarino. If there is one thing that goes against me enough to scare me away, it's probably currencies.  FXE for sure. 

I could probably also say, I've been testing the limits of it, instead of making the formulaic stock picks. But, like I said, I'll get back to that.


8 comments:

  1. Made a small gain on a recent JNUG play. Bot at $11.71 and sold yesterday at $13.24. It may go up another $5, who knows. Metals swing so wildly that you can't even trust if $10 up day in gold will stay an up day. I mostly watch for the "crossovers" to know when to get in. I will wait a day to make sure the crossover is sustained. Will probably look for a chance to get in on DUST when it flips back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should really look into mannarino's background (old geocities page, for example) and ask him for actual evidence of his claims (years and titled worked at Bear Sterns, profit and loss statement) to fully assess things... It would be...very....educational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not to mention his old embarassing youtube videos, with his scraggly hair, sideburns, and not wearing a suit and tie ever, that he conveniently removed from public view, claiming he was hacked. Right. These were before he got acting lessons and a youtube style coach, I assume.

      Delete
    2. I care 0.0 craps about those. Not even enough to look for it out of curiousity. It's entirely irrelevant to my life.

      Delete
    3. I didn't ask for his evidence, I checked it out for myself. I don't need anything from him.

      Delete
    4. What's important is if system works or not.
      I think all people have stuff from their past that could be used against them at a later point taken out of context. Just look at Donald Trump now :)

      Delete
    5. With Trump it's mostly made up BS.

      Delete
    6. Of course its made up bs. But that never stops media.

      Delete