Saturday, August 27, 2016

ENDED 8-27-16 revisiting GS from the 8-24 youtube video

UPDATE:  After another day of losses, the CMO has flipped, and with stocks being a buy hit, as well as the XLF, this one is done for at 167.42.  A 7.4% major loss. 


Mannarino came out and said this trade appears to be going against us, and called it a miss for the evolution system.  Here is the video:

First GS video

Capitulation on GS

The red line would not go as a hit at this time, but it was when the video came out.  The price was about 155.90.  The pivot point since disappeared ( I didn't know it could do that).  It has come back though.  SD is still downward, CMO is down.  The price is just barely above the EMA.

Despite the fact that mannarino has aborted, I'm keeping this around for the record.  Of note, I didn't draw them in, but some previous hits for this stock would have been solid.

GS is a bank, and went way up on a fed announcement, when Mannarino bailed.  It since went back down on another fed announcement in the same day.

I want to make this about the system, and not the man.  I pay a little more attention to closings than intraday business.


7 comments:

  1. Where is the backtest for this system? Should be easy to do on a few stocks for a good amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with back testing, is that I could pick or choose what I want to use for back testing and rig the result. Like if I pick out 10 stocks, and 5 were good, I could just publish those 5.

      I highly encourage to look at the previous hits on each chart. On one or two charts I drew in this hits to make it easy.

      Delete
    2. Then how about profit/loss statements? Duh!

      Delete
    3. Joe, you seem extremely naive. Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE, can use just about ANY, I repeat, ANY, indicator to "find hits". It is about real life, and if you are making profit, not just noting the "hits" on a chart, that is paper trading and means next to nothing.

      Delete
    4. I just started, so why would I have profit and loss statements?

      Delete
  2. Joe, i have the evolution system, i did have successful trade on sbux, the same thing happened with pivot, it disappeared on Aug 10th which was the pivot signal bullish, i entered long position on the 10th, Aug 21st, the bullish pivot appeared again, and stayed, i exited the trade on the 27th, on the daily spike which displayed the bearish pivot on the daily, i always take snap shots of my trade entry/exits as a log, and in my study i found out that these pivots can ghost out, which i would not have found if i had not done the daily snapshots of the charts, another tip if you are trading that takes a few seconds to do, like your blog, and will follow...

    ReplyDelete